The Katunayake Export Processing Zone is the most highly developed of all the zones in Sri Lanka. The main advantage is its very close proximity to Bandaranaike International Airport, the main cargo airport for the country hence the zone is popular with logistics companies.
- Total area: 215 hectares
- Year opened: 1978
- Electricity supply: 63 MVA through grid sub-station
- Wastewater treatment: Sewage/effluent treatment capacity of 12,000 m3 per day.
- Water supply: Storage facility within Zone 2.25 million gallons
- Security: Security lighting. Chain link fencing, and round the clock security for entire areas by the BOI
- Fire safety: Fire engines and firefighting equipment supported by hydrant system
- Airport: Opposite Bandaranaike International Airport