Kendal Industrial Park (KIP) is the largest industrial township development in Central Java with a total development size of 2,200 hectares. KIP is also a joint venture between two industrial developers in South East Asia naming Sembcorp Development Ltd and PT Jababeka Tbk.
This project is highly supported by Indonesia’s and Singapore’s governments it was officially open on 16th November 2016 was officiated by President Jokowi and PM Lee Hsien Loong. To date, KIP has successfully attracted over 61 tenants from different industries such as food, furniture, stationery, building materials, warehousing, and so on.
The 1st phase of KIP developments will include a golf course, town center, shopping district, marina city, food city, fashion hub, furniture hub, high-rise residential developments, luxurious bungalows, and industrial clusters. This development is the first of its kind in Central Java and even Indonesia, ambitiously expanding and developing rapidly. KIP will be an operating ecosystem for many industrial clusters and a self-sustaining economic system.
The Indonesian government established KIP as one of the National Strategic Project, and accelerates the development of macro and micro infrastructure. Therefore, The Coordinating Ministry for Economic Affairs, monitor and evaluate the implementation of National Strategic Project and report to the President at the minimum once time every six months. In December 2019, The Government has officially designated KIP, as New Special Economic Zone (SEZ) regulated with PP No.85/2019.
- Developer: Sembcorp Development (Singapore) & PT Jababeka Tbk
- Key industrial sectors: Food, Furniture, Fashion, Automotive, Electronics
- Electricity supply: 600 MVA
- Water supply: Water supply (1st phase) 24,000 CMD, Wastewater (1st phase) 20,000 CMD
- Seaport: 25 km Tanjung Emas Seaport
- Ready built factories: Semi-detached and terraced factories and mixed-use buildings
- Tax incentives: SEZ status, up to 20 year tax holiday depending on investment status