Mingaladon Industrial Park (MIP), an ideal location for an industrial zone in the northern part of Yangon City, Union of Myanmar. It had jointly been developed as the first international standard industrial park where as comprising 90 hectares of total land area. In Phase I, by Mitsui & Co., Ltd. of Japan and the Department of Urban & Housing Development (DUHD, the previously DHSHD) Ministry of Construction of the Union of Myanmar.
At present, implementation of the development of MIP is being carried out by Department of Urban & Housing Development (DUHD) and the Kepventure Pte Ltd., Singapore. Project Management is being undertaken by The Tokyo Enterprise Co., Ltd.
The concept of Mingaladon Industrial Park (MIP) is to provide the tenant industries with a superior manufacturing environment. Featuring first-class infrastructure, security and business support services.
Since its official operation in February 1998, MIP has grown as a manufacturing base for products destined for Asia and Europe. Supported by the Government of Myanmar (DUHD) and Kepventure Pte Ltd., MIP remains as a business partner in Myanmar. It flexibly meets various kinds of requests from its tenants.
MIP is the ideal place for foreign enterprises wishing to relocate their production bases to Myanmar. This is considered the last emerging market in Asia. Sadly the military coup in 2021 has dramatically reduced investment.
- Land tenure: Leasehold until February 2048.
- Key industrial sectors: Textile / Garment, Foodstuff, Electric & Electronic Products / Parts, Machinery & Parts, Plastics & Leather, Pharmaceutical & Others.
- Tenants: Ajinomoto (Japan), Asia Optical (Hong Kong), IIDA Electronics (Japan).
- Electricity supply: 33KV / 20MW for Phase I.
- Water supply: Total 5,000 m3 per day from Yangon City Development Committee.
- Fire safety: Fire Pumps & Hydrants – At 200m intervals protect and prevent from fire hazards.
- Internal road system: Main Road – 8 m wide, Secondary Roads – 7 m wide
- Seaport: 24 km from the Port of Yangon, 50 km from Thilawa Container Terminal
- Airport: 7 km from Yangon International Airport.
- Tax incentives: Exemption from income tax for three years Accelerated depreciation Up to 50% tax relief on profits from exports.