Visakhapatnam Special Economic Zone (VSEZ) is a major industrial center in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Several industrial units in the public and private sectors are located in Visakhapatnam. These include Port and Shipping, Oil Refinery, Steel, Fertilizer and Heavy Engineering. The city has strong industrial base, productive workforce and peaceful industrial relations. The city boasts of low cost, high quality social infrastructure – medical, educational, residential and recreational – that match the best available anywhere in the country.
VSEZ was established in the year 1989. Set up in a sprawling 360 acres of prime land in one of the fastest growing cities of India, Visakhapatnam Special Economic Zone offers state of the art infrastructure coupled with a generous package of incentives, concessions and support services. The export-friendly administrative set-up ensures processing of all approvals and clearances instantly.
- Total area: 360 acres
- Plot sizes: Minimum half acre and above
- Year opened: 1989
- Key industrial sectors: Electronic goods, software, pharmaceuticals
- Electricity supply: A dedicated 132/33 KV sub-station
- Security: Security round the clock in 3 shifts
- Ready built factories: Industrial sheds of size 1000 sq mtr and trading sheds of size 100 sq mtr are also available on lease basis.