Saudi Arabia - المدينة الصناعية بالمدينة المنورة
Al-Madina Al-Munawwara Industrial City opened in 2003 and is near the city of Medina, a well-known place of pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia. The location is close to the Al-Haramain Train Station which links to both Jeddah and Makkah (Mecca). Currently there are over 200 factories operating in the city.
Al-Madina Al-Munawwara Industrial City is located in a geographical area rich in various natural resources including gold, nickel, copper, and other mineral ores. Investment in the mining sector in the region has reached USD 1.6 billion.
Additional Details for Al-Madina Al-Munawwara Industrial City
- Total area:1,700 hectares (developed 1,000 hectares)
- Key industrial sectors: Clothing, textiles and leather – Refined petroleum products – Chemical materials and products – Medical Industries
- Electricity supply: (MVA) 1000
- Wastewater treatment: 5,000 m3
- Seaport: 200 Km to King Fahd Industrial Seaport in Yanbu.
- Airport: 50 km to Prince Mohammed Bin Abdul Aziz International Airport.
- Dry port / Railway: 34 km to the Two Holy Train Station in Medina
Developed Area; 10 million sq
Factories Count; 243 industrial and service contracts (including those in operation and those under implementation)
Contact about Saudi Arabia
Industrial activity at
No. of Factories
|Other manufacturing industries||8|
|Machinery and equipment not elsewhere classified||2|
|Computers, electronic and optical products||1|
|Motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers||1|
|Leather and related products||1|
|Chemicals and chemical products||12|
|Paper and paper products||8|
|Coke and refined petroleum products||2|
|Rubber and plastic products||30|
|Other non-metallic mineral products||27|
|Fabricated metal products (except machinery and equipment)||25|
|Building materials, ceramics and glass||5|