Karachi Export Processing Zone (KEPZ) is located adjacent to the Landhi Industrial Area (Extension). It is ideally located to reach the markets of Middle East, Far East, Africa, Europe, America and Central Asia.
KEPZ Phase I (Area 211 acres)
Fully in operation, garment is the dominant sector followed by electronics, chemicals etc. This phase is fully allotted to the investors, however plots can be acquired under sale/transfer procedures with the existing investors if they wish to sell.
KEPZ Phase II (Area 94 acres)
Development of infrastructure is complete. Twelve acres are allocated for Hi-tech, Gem & Jewelry, Technology based industries. M/s Y.K.K have acquired 46000 sq.metres for production of garment accessories.
- Total area: Phase I – 211 acres; Phase II – 94 acres
- Key industrial sectors: New investors are welcome in the following priority sectors: i) Hi-Tech Industry ii) Gem & Jewelry iii) Software Houses iv) Information Technology Based Industries v) Precision Engineering
- Electricity supply: Optic-fiber network (Capacity 4000 lines)
- Natural gas: Optic-fiber network (Capacity 4000 lines)
- Water supply: 500,000 gallons/day
- Telecommunications: Optic-fiber network (Capacity 4000 lines) for phase II
- Tax incentives: Duty free import of all goods