The Koggala Export Processing Zone is a major economic centre in the south of Sri Lanka and an important contributor to the economy by accounting for exports earnings of over USD 122 million in 2017. The zone is located in Galle District situated on the South Western fringe of the Koggala Lake.
Currently 23 enterprises operating at the zone in such sectors as garments, footwear, aircraft repair and shipbuilding. The workforce is over at 14,000. Koggala Export Processing Zone is a bonded area for hub operations benefiting from access to the Southern Expressway and the Hambantota Sea Port.
- Total area: 22 acres (91 hectares)
- Electricity supply: 20 MVA through grid sub-station
- Wastewater treatment: Sewage/effluent treatment capacity of 675 m3 per day
- Water supply: Storage facility within Zone 1375 m3 (Drinking water & ground water)
- Commercial space: An Administrative Complex housing the BOI servicing units. Customs, Bank, Postal, Medical, Port Cargo Handling services etc
- Access: Asphalt concrete surfaced road access available to all plots
Security & Fire Services: Security lighting & Chain link fencing
Communication Facilities: Programme Control Exchange for local calls, IDD, telex and facsimile facility
Centralized: An Administrative Complex housing the BOI servicing units. Customs, Bank, Postal, Medical, Port Cargo Handling services, etc.