Ontustik Special Economic Zone was created by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 1605 dated July 6, 2005. The purpose of accelerating the development of the region to activate the entrance of the Republic’s economy into the system of world economic ties. To create highly efficient, including high-tech and competitive production, attract investments, improve the legal norms of market relations. Introduce modern methods of administration and economic management, as well as resolve social problems.
The zone contains significant infrastructure , including natural gas off-take, to support a wide range of industries. The location is close to the borders of Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan so facilitating regional and transit trade.
The zone is located in Shymkent which is the third most populous city in Kazakhstan with a population of over one million.
Additional Details for Ontustik Special Economic Zone
- Total area: 200 hectares
- Land available: 4.3 hectares
- Tenants: Bal Decor LLP, Khlopkoprom-Celluloza LLP, Shymkent-Cashmere LLP
- Workforce: 1,690
- Electricity supply: 160 MW
- Natural gas: 10,000 cubic metres per hour
- Wastewater treatment: 34,854 m3/day
- Water supply: 50,232 m3/day
- Dry port / Railway: Two railway lines
- Tax incentives: VAT for goods sold in SEZ