Aqaba Port

Aqaba Port Authority was established in 1952 by a royal decree. It took its present name (Aqaba Ports Corporation, APC) in 1978.  APC is a  governmental body with an independent character responsible for establishing, developing, maintaining and operating port activities (receiving of ships, handling and storing cargo).

Aqaba Port’s vision is to present distinguished services to its clients. And to support Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA) of which the corporation is a main part.

Additional Details

  • Draft / maximum vessel size: Maximum: 14.4 – 125,000 DWT
  • Container cranes: Mobile harbour Cranes: 2 x 100 ton, Mobile cranes: 2 x 90 – 120 ton, cranes: 4 (45 ton), Mobile cranes: 32 (2 – 15 ton)
  • Covered stotage area: 62,000 sqm
  • Open storage area: 245,000 sqm