Iran - منطقه آزاد ارس
Aras Free Trade Zone is located in the Northwest of Iran at the border point with the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic. It is close to both Azerbaijan and Armenia. the area of the Aras Free Zone included 9,700 hectares of the lands of the region. The total area of the zone is 51,000 hectares.
According to a local official exported commodities from the zone were valued at USD240 million. This was to 10 countries during the first six months of the current Iranian calendar year 2020 (March 20-October 21).
Aras Free Zone has a significant role in the 20-year overview due to the following facts: joint border with the countries of Azerbaijan, Armenia and Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic;Connecting lines and roads with Europe and Ghafghaz region, Turkey, Mediterranean region, and being located in international transportation corridors;A significant historical and economical history; appropriate climate; rich water resources; grazing fields and jungles; capabilities for developing tourism in the fields of history, culture, nature and international sports; a high potential for development and growth in industry, mining, agriculture, services, science and education.
Having Tabriz as a strong background and also valuable ecological areas and international caches, and valuable funds for agricultural development, has brought together a situation and condition that with its support Aras can become a region that has a desirable and idealistic health, welfare, food safety and natural environment, along with the fact that it can become an international medical and sanitary center.
Existence of rich mines and creating dependant industries, and being near infrastructure networks, and having the basis for developing new technologies such as biotechnology, nanotechnology and IT, gives the region an ideal condition to boost its potential and contribute to the economical growth and thus rise to first place in the region for economical, scientific and innovative contributions and developments.
Also the historical centrality for business and trade in the region and high abilities in exporting can be good reasons for international relations if development bases and trading activities are provided along with customs and centers for discharging and mounting goods and cargo.
Customs benefits of investment
- Reduction of commercial profit up to 15% of the value of the safe deposit box that enters the mainland commercially through free trade-industrial zones.
- Increasing the amount of goods imported to the regions up to $ 3,000,000,000.
- Evaluation and clearance procedures in the shortest time.
- Possibility of importing goods through foreign, domestic, carnet shooting, etc.
- Possibility of transporting goods by train and connecting with lines abroad.
- Accepting a guarantee for the clearance of goods from the area.
- Separation of clearance warehouse receipts (final clearance, transit, export, etc.).
- Agree with the owners of goods to import and export goods of production units within the region.
- Agree or clear uniforms on the truck in the shortest possible time.
- Issuance of a negotiable warehouse receipt at the request of the owners of the goods.
- The stoppage of the goods in the customs places of the free zone is up to twice the time foreseen for the customs of the mainland. The stopping time is not limited for the produced goods.